The new year has been anything but kind to Al Nassr. In the span of just 14 days, the Riyadh giants have gone from holding a four-point lead in the Saudi Pro League to trailing leaders Al Hilal by the same margin.
The slide began on the final day of 2025 with a 2-2 draw against Al Ettifaq. Then came back-to-back defeats: a 3-2 loss to Al Ahli last week, followed by Thursday’s 2-1 setback against Al Qadsiah. For a team that looked unstoppable before the break, this run has raised serious questions.
Against Al Qadsiah, the turning point came in the 51st minute when Julian Quiñones capitalized on a costly error from goalkeeper Nawaf Al Aqidi to open the scoring.
CR7’s reaction says it all after a costly defensive error allows Al-Qadsiah to steal the lead…
Catch the Saudi Pro League action only on #spotvnow !#SPOTV #SPOTVSEA pic.twitter.com/TnCbyQR7hq
— SPOTV SEA (@SPOTVSEA) January 8, 2026
Nahitan Nández doubled the lead in the 66th minute, leaving Al Nassr chasing shadows. Cristiano Ronaldo did pull one back late on—his 958th career goal—but it was little more than consolation.
Head coach Jorge Jesus didn’t mince words after the match:
“Al Nassr presented gifts to Al Qadsiah, and the only story was our defeat due to individual mistakes,” he said. “We need to restore mental balance and prepare for the next challenge.”
That challenge is monumental. On Monday, Al Nassr face Al Hilal at Kingdom Arena in a clash that could define their season. Lose again, and the gap could widen to seven points—a nightmare scenario for a team built to win now.
Cristiano Ronaldo, however, remains defiant. In a message to fans, he wrote: “This fight isn’t over. We keep working and we will rise together!”



